Another crazy idea...

April 13 2008... Not long until I am going to be pounding the streets of London in my second attempt at the London marathon. Two years ago I ran (well jogged slowly)as a penguin to raise funds for Children with Leukaemia. I remember it as being 'fun' - amazing at my ability to block out bad and painful memories! This time, I am running for what I believe is the greatest threat facing the world as we know it - climate change. In undertaking this personal challenge, I want to raise awareness of the issues and throw out a challenge to everyone who reads this blog to make small changes in their lives. Afterall, many small changes can make a huge difference.
So here's how it works - last time I was pestering you for money. This time instead of money I want you to pledge to make small changes and list these under the comments sections to give other people ideas. Parents - get your kids involved. Kids - get your parents involved! 60 days of training and a lifetime of change starts tomorrow. Ready, steady, go!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Costume and weather

The preliminary weather forecasts for Sunday are out, and in my opinion they aren't at all favourable. Mild (11oC maximum), but with rain and strong winds, which will equate to a head wind for the last half of the course. I am not too concerned at this stage as the weather forecast in this country generally changes at least three times a day.
Now to more important news - the costume! Keeping with the black and white theme from last time, I am running as a zebra. A bit random, but I found a zebra print skirt, and hence the idea was born!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is brilliant! I just got your email. Good luck and may The Force be with you! Bridget (Monash, year after you)

Anonymous said...

Best of Luck Liv get that 4 hours with time to spare!! luv ellie