Another crazy idea...

April 13 2008... Not long until I am going to be pounding the streets of London in my second attempt at the London marathon. Two years ago I ran (well jogged slowly)as a penguin to raise funds for Children with Leukaemia. I remember it as being 'fun' - amazing at my ability to block out bad and painful memories! This time, I am running for what I believe is the greatest threat facing the world as we know it - climate change. In undertaking this personal challenge, I want to raise awareness of the issues and throw out a challenge to everyone who reads this blog to make small changes in their lives. Afterall, many small changes can make a huge difference.
So here's how it works - last time I was pestering you for money. This time instead of money I want you to pledge to make small changes and list these under the comments sections to give other people ideas. Parents - get your kids involved. Kids - get your parents involved! 60 days of training and a lifetime of change starts tomorrow. Ready, steady, go!

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Two weeks to go..

Sorry for the lack of recent posting, but I have spent the past week trying to navigate my way through frozen Swedish forests as part of the Cambridge Orienteering team. The week before I left was to be my last major training week, with 35 miles scheduled. Here is how my training progressed:
Monday - 6.25 miles to Granchester
Tuesday - two runs for a total of 10.6 miles
Wednesday - we discovered a new 8.4 mile route through the countryside
Thursday - day off
Friday - Extremely windy, but we managed 6.2 miles
Saturday - the weather deteriorated and we headed for the shelter of the gym for an erg and 3 mile interval session on the treadmill.
Sunday - SNOW!! I awoke to discover a white Easter. No training, only chocolate eating and snowman making :)
Monday - A solo 10 mile run.
In total 44 miles over 8 days - not a bad effort, especially given the weather.
Tuesday saw me fly to Stockholm for the orienteering and the rest of the week was spent running/falling through snow covered forests and semi-frozen marshes. No idea how far I went - most of the time I was lost!

No comments: