Another crazy idea...

April 13 2008... Not long until I am going to be pounding the streets of London in my second attempt at the London marathon. Two years ago I ran (well jogged slowly)as a penguin to raise funds for Children with Leukaemia. I remember it as being 'fun' - amazing at my ability to block out bad and painful memories! This time, I am running for what I believe is the greatest threat facing the world as we know it - climate change. In undertaking this personal challenge, I want to raise awareness of the issues and throw out a challenge to everyone who reads this blog to make small changes in their lives. Afterall, many small changes can make a huge difference.
So here's how it works - last time I was pestering you for money. This time instead of money I want you to pledge to make small changes and list these under the comments sections to give other people ideas. Parents - get your kids involved. Kids - get your parents involved! 60 days of training and a lifetime of change starts tomorrow. Ready, steady, go!

Monday, April 14, 2008

I survived!

The title says it all - I survived the London marathon! In fact I would go as far as saying I enjoyed it - despite the weather. I never hit the much talked about 'wall' and finished in 3hrs 52 mins (and 59 seconds - but who is counting?). I felt amazingly OK last night - I even cycled home from the station. Today is a different story and I am aching from the neck down! I will post a more detailed race report in a few days, but for now I am just going to lie down in a dark room and not move...

No comments: