Another crazy idea...

April 13 2008... Not long until I am going to be pounding the streets of London in my second attempt at the London marathon. Two years ago I ran (well jogged slowly)as a penguin to raise funds for Children with Leukaemia. I remember it as being 'fun' - amazing at my ability to block out bad and painful memories! This time, I am running for what I believe is the greatest threat facing the world as we know it - climate change. In undertaking this personal challenge, I want to raise awareness of the issues and throw out a challenge to everyone who reads this blog to make small changes in their lives. Afterall, many small changes can make a huge difference.
So here's how it works - last time I was pestering you for money. This time instead of money I want you to pledge to make small changes and list these under the comments sections to give other people ideas. Parents - get your kids involved. Kids - get your parents involved! 60 days of training and a lifetime of change starts tomorrow. Ready, steady, go!

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Round Table Discussion with Dr Suzuki

Last week I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to participate in a discussion with David Suzuki (world-renowned scientist and climate change activist) and 11 other young citizens representing Australia, the UK, India, Singapore and Canada. One of the topics discussed was ' how can we drive the necessary changes to fight climate change'?
After much debate, I believe the key to the solution is a simple, bottom-up approach. Everyone making small changes CAN make a difference.
I don't deny that it is a complicated global problem requiring international cooperation, my point is simply this: While the politicians battle out the global, multi-national policy logistics (a process which will undoubtedly take many years) we can each do our part by making small changes NOW.
No change is too small to make a difference.

No comments: