Another crazy idea...

April 13 2008... Not long until I am going to be pounding the streets of London in my second attempt at the London marathon. Two years ago I ran (well jogged slowly)as a penguin to raise funds for Children with Leukaemia. I remember it as being 'fun' - amazing at my ability to block out bad and painful memories! This time, I am running for what I believe is the greatest threat facing the world as we know it - climate change. In undertaking this personal challenge, I want to raise awareness of the issues and throw out a challenge to everyone who reads this blog to make small changes in their lives. Afterall, many small changes can make a huge difference.
So here's how it works - last time I was pestering you for money. This time instead of money I want you to pledge to make small changes and list these under the comments sections to give other people ideas. Parents - get your kids involved. Kids - get your parents involved! 60 days of training and a lifetime of change starts tomorrow. Ready, steady, go!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Cheap and simple water saving tips

  • If you don't have a dual flush toilet you can buy a relatively cheap 'cistern converter' that will reduce the average water usage from 12 L/flush to 3.5 L/flush.
  • No water saving taps fitted in the home? A cheap alternative to buying new taps is to buy a flow regulator than can be easily attached to your existing taps.

No comments: